Sunday, June 29, 2008

Reading Update: The Mammy

The Mammy has sat here on my bookshelf for almost four years. I finally picked it up and read it tonight.

What a crazy story! Agnes Browne and her heap of seven children. Her husband dead. Agnes never quite getting it.

A hoot!

Up Next: Rascal by Sterling North


  1. I read the mammy and the chisellers and enjoyed them both. Brendan O'Carroll was so funny in The Van. He didn't even have to talk, he would've still been funny!

  2. A hidden gem sitting on your shelf for years? LOVE it when that happens. Sounds like a great choice for the mid hours of this 'thon, too.

  3. I'm glad to hear it was good!

  4. You're doing a great job with the read-a-thon! Happy reading! :)

  5. That's great that you read a funny book! And...We're in the home stretch!! *happy dance*


Comments, comments, comments! How I love comments! (And followers, too, if you want to make me even happier!)