I missed TSS last week (no Internet) so I think it will be okay to post twice this week.
From Reading, Writing and Retirement: Our Weekly Geek task this week: Dewey is asking us to list our favorite books that were published in 2008 (you, dear readers, will have a chance to participate in some future post). By the end of the year the results will be compiled; Dewey thinks "it’ll be interesting ... to see a list of what book bloggers choose as their favorite books rather than what a newspaper decides or what the top sellers were." Great idea!
1. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
2. My Mistress's Sparrow is Dead edited by Jeffrey Eugenides
3. A Voyage Long and Strange by Tony Horwitz
4. Why We Hate Us by Dick Meyer
5. Lost in Planet China by J. Maarten Troost
6. Ghost Train to the Eastern Star by Paul Theroux
7. The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner
8. Sundays in America by Suzanne Strempek Shea
9. Beautiful Boy by David Sheff
10. Judy Moody Goes to College by Megan McDonald