Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hour 19: Two More Books

Link to mini-challenge: Join BookCrossing!

I'm getting lots of books finished since the challenges and the read-a-thon is quieter now. Some read-a-thon-ers are probably sleeping. I'd really like to go to sleep.

Instead, I'll review the two books I finished.

Poetry in Motion from Coast to Coast is a book of short poems that were originally written on subways all across America. Some of my favorite poems were in this book including This is Just to Say.

The Upstairs Room is the fictionalized memoir of a Jewish girl who was kept hidden with her sister in an attic room for over two years during WWII in the Netherlands. Reiss originally wrote the story to explain what had happened to her two daughters. Very sad.

Why did I choose so many sad books? I could use a happy little story right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.