Sunday, December 7, 2014

Busy Reading


             
   


What I Finished Last Week


Don't ask me what went on in the world last week. I probably missed the latest celebrity scandal and I'm clueless about what kind of high heels I should be wearing next spring. I was busy. I was busy reading. Count 'em. Ten books.

But that's not the amazing thing. The amazing thing is that nine of the ten were good books and five will probably be on my Best of 2014 list. 

Here are the books I finished last week:







Now I need to get busy and start reviewing! And find a way to fill that sad feeling that always come after finishing really good books, that feeling that I'll never read another book as good as this one.




What are you reading today?!


What is the Sunday SalonImagine some university library's vast reading room. It's filled with people--students and faculty and strangers who've wandered in. They're seated at great oaken desks, books piled all around them,and they're all feverishly reading and jotting notes in their leather-bound journals as they go. Later they'll mill around the open dictionaries and compare their thoughts on the afternoon's literary intake....That's what happens at the Sunday Salon, except it's all virtual. Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one's earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book. Click here to join the Salon.


The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news and recap the past week.

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page. We share books that we found in our mailboxes last week. 
 It is now being hosted here.

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which you can share the books you've acquired.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! I love being a part of this and I hope you do too! As part of this weekly meme Book Journey loves to encourage you all to go and visit the others participating in this meme. 


15 comments:

  1. So have to ask, what was the one bad book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat great reads. Glad you had an enjoyable reading week. I rarely know what is happening in the news b/c of reading and such. People are demonstrating? Really! Where? Here's my post: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2014/12/blue-sunday-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ironic that I know both more about the world and less about the world from reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 books! I'm impressed! And even better that 9 out of 10 were good. I tend to avoid the news and celebrity scandals. I'm happier that way. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you hate it when you get a bad book in the mix?

    I have Everything I Never Told You on Sparky...hope that wasn't the bad book. LOL

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive reading week! I just downloaded the audio version of Everything I Never Told You... can't wait to hear if that was one of your favorites or the not so good one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nine out of ten is great. Now I'm wondering which was the bad one. LOL
    I read a bunch this week too, but didn't get as many reviews written as I should. Hope to make up for that next week.

    Here's my Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/07/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-88-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fantastic reading week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome week you had! I need to check out those children's books!

    Here's my Sunday Post:

    http://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-sunday-post-meme-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL That was my question... which book was the "not so much" :) Looks like a great line up and I usually know less about the world and more about books and I kind of like it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow, that is a great week! I have heard so many good things about Everything I Never Told You and Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki. I'm glad you enjoyed so many of your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel so inadequate! How on earth do you read 10 books in one week? Do you eat? Do you sleep? I must spend too much time blogging or reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's a lot of books in a week. I want to hear if the Celeste Ng book is as good as Amazon is saying. What did you think? cheers. http://www.thecuecard.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What did you think of Anne Lamott's new book? I have loved previous books by her (her nonfiction, anyway) and wish I had time for more.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you will leave a comment so I know you have visited. If you stop by my blog, I will always stop by yours.

Note: Disqus commenting is only available on the web version of the blog. Please switch to the web version if you are using a mobile device.